Optometry is a professional degree course specializing on Eye care.
Students are offered training towards becoming skilled eye care professionals who examine and treat ocular diseases and help in transforming lives of people through gift of vision
B.Sc Optometry encompasses the various principles and branches of science that deals with the perception of vision.
You will learn about the basic principles of Optics, Refraction, Anatomy of Eye, visual perception, optometric instruments and much more.
Students who have passed 10 + 2 exam with min score of 50% in Science subjects are eligible for applying for the course. The key skills that is required is the ability to think critically, zeal for learning and genuine care and concern for people of the community
- B.Sc Optometry encompasses the various principles and branches of science that deals with the perception of vision.
- You will learn about the basic principles of Optics, Refraction, Anatomy of Eye, visual perception, optometric instruments and much more.
Course content for 1st Year
- The 1st year of B.Sc Optometry will introduce you to
- the principles of Physical optics,
- Geometrical optics,
- General anatomy and physiology,
- Ocular anatomy,
- Microbiology, and Environmental science.
- The practical learning sessions will be on physical and optical properties of light and introduction to general eye examination and history taking.
Course content for 2nd Year
- Topics that you will learn in the 2nd year will include
- Optometric optics,
- Visual optics,
- Systemic diseases and eye,
- Ocular disease,
- Pathology and Dispensing optics.
- You will have the opportunity to conduct community eye check-up camp which will provide wealth of clinical exposure and increase your skills and competence towards becoming professional optometrist.
Course content for 3rd Year
- Binocular vision,
- Paediatric optometry,
- Geriatric optometry,
- Low vision Aids,
- Contact lens,
- Community optometry and Nutrition.
- You will also be required to work on and submit a project in any of the optometry topics that you prefer.